TWRP is well known custom recovery project built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its GUI fully theme-able using XML and its user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to smash. Its fully touch driven user interface.
*Warning: DO IT WITH OUR OWN RISK. We cannot responsible for brick devices. Please do it carefully.
1) IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO: Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER ‘BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK’ WHEN FLASHING.
2) KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
3) Samsung Firmware System Updates will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
- exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- F2FS file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- NTFS file system support (read, write, format)
- MTP Working
- ADB root
- ADB Sideload
- Full SELinux support
ExtSD Card doesn’t mount
- USB Cable
- USB OTG
How To Flash TWRP Recovery image to Samsung Galaxy J7
Download latest TWRP image from this source.
- Disconnect USB cable from PC and power off device.
- Go to stock recovery mode by pressing Volume UP + Home + Power (release when logo show up)
- When menu show up, choose
Reboot to bootloader. The screen will show
Downloading...text it means your in bootloader mode, then you are ready to the next step.
- Connect USB cable to PC.
- Open Odin, put TWRP latest version in AP section only, unchecked Auto Reboot in option tab, then press start. Wait until the process pass and succeed.
- Reboot to recovery. Power off then press Volume UP + Home + Power. Hold until Samsung logo show up, then release.
- You are done.
If you have TWRP already you can extract the downloaded tar and install via recory (Install –> Select Image –> Flash)
How to Mount Internal Storage
To mount internal storage you need to forced remove encryption by flashing
no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip in TWRP.
- Download latest release.
- Put in USB OTG.
- In TWRP, mount USB OTG.
- After flash the zip, you need to format
/datato boot properly.
Originally posted 2019-02-16 07:00:17.